Straight from our local beekeeper, our 100% all-natural honey is packed with a plethora of health benefits:
- Honey contains many antioxidants, including phenolic compounds like flavonoids.
- Honey contains a great many bioactive plant compounds, especially in darker honey.
- Honey is “less bad” than sugar for diabetics.
- Honey can reduce blood pressure, an important risk factor for heart disease.
- Honey can lead to reductions in total and “bad” LDL cholesterol while raising “good” HDL cholesterol.
- Honey can lower triglycerides.
- The antioxidants in honey have been linked to beneficial effects on heart health, including increased blood flow to your heart and a reduced risk of blood clot formation.
- Honey can act as a natural cough suppressant.
- Honey soothes sore throats, sunburns, dry skin, acne, and skin infections.
- Honey kills antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
- Honey helps aid sleep.